Beverly Hills’ Chef Jodi Gillespie’s Apple Bavarois Recipe
100g castor sugar
6 egg yolks
8 gelatine sheets
400g granny smith apples
200ml cream – whipped
- Peel, core, dice and cook the apples until soft. Use a blender to puree.
- Boil the milk and the first batch of cream together. Separately, whisk the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy and soak the gelatine in cold water.
- Slowly pour the milk onto the egg mixture whilst continuously whisking.
- Return to the heat and cook until the mixture thickens, whisking all the time.
- Squeeze the water out of the gelatine and add the gelatine to the mixture.
- Cool down the custard mixture and then fold in the apple puree and then the whipped cream.
- Set in moulds and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
350ml fresh cream
75g white sugar
50g unsalted butter- cubed
- Bring the cream to a boil and, at the same time, place the sugar in a pan with a tablespoon of water.
- Cook until caramelised, but not burnt.
- Pour the hot cream over the dark sugar, taking care as the mixture will boil up.
- Whisk while adding the butter. Bring to a boil again and then leave to cool.