Entries have finally opened for the most prestigious annual amateur golf competition in South Africa – Tsogo Sun’s Duke of Edinburgh Championship. Golfers, please remain calm.
The cup will be contested over both of the Country Club Johannesburg courses, Woodmead and Rockland, on Monday 19 May 2014. The winning pair from each course will qualify to play in the Duke of Edinburgh Championship World Finals in England during September 2014. That’s all fair and well, but what really makes this one so exciting is the coveted top prize includes, wait for it, a trip to London for the four winners! But that’s not all. Here’s what the winners get:
- A fully paid trip to London
- Hotel accommodation for five nights
- Entry into the Individual World Final and into the World Pairs Trophy for the Duke of Edinburgh Championship
- Rounds of golf at both Mill Ride Golf & Country Club and The Buckinghamshire Golf Club
- An invitation to play at the Royal Household Golf Club at Windsor Great Park
- And attendance at the prize-giving gala dinner at Windsor Castle attended by a member of the Royal Family.
The Duke of Edinburgh Championship is played in 10 countries around the world, with the South African leg qualifying as one of the most successful in terms of the number of players participating. The competition has given amateur golfers the opportunity to contribute to charitable causes through Tsogo Sun’s CSI programme which has raised over R8 million since the inception of the competition in 2000.
Kathy Scheepmaker Tsogo Sun’s Project Manager for the tournament says this golf competition is one of the highlights on Tsogo Sun’s annual calendar as it not only helps to make a difference to many needy lives in South Africa but also because it gives local golfers the chance to take their well-earned place alongside other top amateur golfers from around the world.
For more details and how to enter, go to www.dukeofedinburgh.co.za.