Follow this stunning recipe to create a Delicious Mushroom Ravioli, perfect for a festive season light dinner and is the signature dish of Back O’ The Moon restaurant executive chef, Vaughan Assam.
Wonton Skins – 0.2 KG
Shimiji Mushroom – 1 KG
Porcini Mushroom – 1 KG
Button Mushroom – 1 LT
White Onion – 0.5 KG
Thyme – 0.05 KG
Garlic – 0.05 KG
Parmeasan – 0.25 KG
Tomato – 1 KG
Basil Pesto – 0.15 KG
Olive Oil – 0.05 KG
Salted Butter – 0.12 KG
Black Pepper – 0.01 KG
Maldon Salt – 0.01 KG
Micro Greens – 0.1 KG
METHOD – PREP.
- Clean onion, garlic and chop into brunois, slice mushrooms.
- Chop half tomato into brunois and grate the other half.
- Fry third of onion, garlic & thyme, add grated tomato and simmer, place through strainer once. cooked.
- Next third of onion repeat with chunky tomato, do not strain but set aside.
- Fry mushrooms with remainder of onion, season to taste add cheese, allow to cool.
METHOD – COOKING
- Place mushroom mix in centre of wonton and fold over crimping edge, cook in boiling water when ready.
- Heat smooth tomato & chunk sauce, place grated cheese on baking tray with dab of pest.
- Place dollop of smooth sauce on plate, place ravioli on top, sauté next half in butter and pesto and place on plate.
- Spoon over chunky tomato mix and garnish with parmesan chip and micro greens .