As the official hospitality sponsor of MasterChef South Africa, we’re taking part in Mystery Box Dinners happening at selected restaurants across the group (psssst! You could stand a chance to win luxurious accommodation for two at Beverly Hills for 5 nights!).
This week’s Mystery Box Dinner caters to the vegetarians. I present to you, gnocchi pasta served in a creamy basil pesto sauce and topped with wild mushrooms and parmesan shavings.
150g Gnocchi Pasta
15ml Basil Pesto
25g Parmasan Cheese
30g Exotic Mushrooms
5g Fresh basil leaves
10ml Olive Oil
2g Fine Salt
2g Black Pepper
Cooking and Plating
1. Make a creamy White Sauce using butter, flour and cream.
2. Add basil pesto to sauce and simmer until the required consistency. (Season to taste)
3. Blanch Gnocchi in salt water until soft but firm.
4. Add Gnocchi to Basil Pesto sauce.
5. Sauté Mushrooms and Season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve Gnocchi in hot Pasta Bowl and top with mushrooms and parmesan shavings.
7. Garnish with fresh Basil Leaves.
“Let me know if you try this at home, I’d love to hear how it goes” – Ed