As the official hospitality sponsor of MasterChef South Africa, we’re taking part in Mystery Box Dinners happening at selected restaurants across the group (psssst! You could stand a chance to win luxurious accommodation for two at Beverly Hills for 5 nights!). I’ve managed to get my hands on some of the recipes that’ll be used across the country and I know that some of you, like me, want to be adventurous in the kitchen.
This week’s recipe is something for the parma ham lovers. Mystery Box Recipe: Pollo Tagliatelle Pasta.
- 50g tagliatelle pasta
- 200g chicken breast skinless
- 1 small avocado
- 10g coriander whole fresh
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 20g parma ham
- 100ml cream
- 20g grated parmesan
- 1 onion
- 100ml olive oil
- 10g coarse salt
- Fine salt
- Black Pepper
- Cook the pasta al dente in boiling water and olive oil
- Drain and drizzle with oil
- Slice the chicken breast into 1cm strips
- Finely chop onion and garlic
- De-pip the avo and remove the skin
- Half the avo, roughly chopping the one half, keeping the other half for garnish
- Dice the parma ham into small blocks
Cooking and Plating:
- Heat some olive oil in a medium size pan and sauté the onion, and garlic without colouring.
- Add in the chicken strips and allow to brown lightly.
- Add in the cream, roughly chopped avocado, diced Parma Ham and coriander leaves.
- Allow to slowly thicken over medium heat.
- Add in the grated parmesan.
- Season with generous black pepper and salt.
- Heat and season the pasta in a different pan.
- Add the pasta to the bowl
- Pour over the sauce and garnish with sliced avocado, shaved parmesan and coriander leaves.
- Serve and enjoy