Serves 4 – 6
Prep time 15 min
Cook time 1 hour
Olive oil, to sauté
2 onions, diced
1 kg pork sausage, casing removed
800 g (2 tins) chopped tomatoes
½ cup red wine
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp butter
3 tbsp flor
450 ml full-cream milk
50 g mature Cheddar, grated
100 g Parmesan, grated
Basil, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180 and prepare a 20 x 30 cm baking dish.
- Heat a little oil in a pot and sauté the onions for 5 minutes.
- Add the sausage meat and fry for 5 minutes on high. Use a wooden spoon to break up the meat as you cook it.
- Add the tomatoes, wine and garlic. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in a pot over medium-low heat. Whisk in the flour, then slowly add the milk. Cook, whisking until the mixture comes to the boil and thickens. Add the Cheddar.
- Layer 1/3 mince, ½ lasagne sheets and ¼ Parmesan
Look out for more delicious recipes in the Equinox magazine, available at our hotels.