Garth Shnier is the Executive Chef at Sandton Sun, and is all about family dinner at home on a Sunday. “It’s a special time, when my children Kyle, 10, and Kiara, 8, get involved. My kids have a sweet tooth so this is a favourite.”
Sweetness and Goodness Omelettes
- 12 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5ml (1 tsp) olive oil
- 100g fresh figs, sliced
- 80g celery, sliced
- 100ml mascarpone cheese
- 50g brie cheese, sliced
- 80g tomato chutney
- Handful chopped walnuts
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Lightly beat the eggs and season.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the figs until caramelised.
- Add the celery and fry for a few minutes.
- Remove figs and celery from pan and mix with mascarpone, brie, chutney and walnuts.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook until set, folding to form an omlette.
- Slice the top and spoon in the fig mixture
Fancy this dish? You may like what other dishes our chefs make at home too! View the five recipes in this series What our chefs eat at home here.