“My wife, Kame, enjoys tasting different dishes and I use my time off to experiment with food. She loves the combination of prawns and chicken — without any chilli — as in this dish each ingredient has its own flavour that impacts on every mouthful.”
This is the word from Preshanthan Pillay, the culinary brain behind Golf Reef City’s Back o’ the Moon, who presents a comforting dish that you’ll easily be able to recreate at home!
Prawn and Mustard Chicken
- 200g unsalted butter
- 4 chicken breast fillets, halved lengthways
- 120g (1 cup) cake flour
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 24 queen prawns, deveined, tail on
- 20ml (4 tsp) wholegrain mustard
- 250ml (1 cup) dry white wine
- 500ml (2 cups) fresh cream
- 125ml ( cup) chopped parsley
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the butter in a large pan, dust the chicken breasts with flour and brown on both sides.
- Add the garlic and onion and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the prawns and mustard and stir-fry until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, cook until heated through and season before serving.
- Serve with pasta.
Fancy this dish? You may like what other dishes our chefs make at home too! View the five recipes in this series What our chefs eat at home here.